Header Ads

Trust God

ANAMBRA GUBER:.....Muoghalu, Obinna Uzoh, Andy Ubah, Others Pick APC Forms



As residents of Anambra State gears up for the upcoming governorship election scheduled for November 18, 2017, at least 8 gubernatorial candidates have all picked their forms from APC. 

Eight governorship aspirants on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have so far collected nomination forms for the Anambra governorship election scheduled for November 18, 2017, The Sun reports.

While four of the aspirants picked their nomination forms yesterday, two of them, Senator Andy Uba and Barth Nwibe, had already picked theirs on Wednesday.

The aspirants, who picked theirs yesterday are: a prominent businessman and philanthropist, Dr. Obinna Uzoh; a lawyer, Nonso Madu and Johnbosco Onunkwo.

With four of the aspirants that collected the expression of interest and nomination forms yesterday, the total number of aspirants, jostling for the APC ticket now stands at eight, including former National Auditor of the party, Dr. George Moghalu and Hon. Tony Nwoye.

Speaking to newsmen after collecting the forms with the payment of the mandatory N5.5 million, Madu said it was time for the youths to occupy the Anambra State government House, urging Anambra electorate to test the integrity of all the aspirants.


When asked how capable and ready he was for the position, he said: “I am so capable, intellectually, financially and otherwise. For me, politics is service to the people. Many of the aspirants are the ones we have known for years as more or less business politicians.


“They go in to invest. It is not about bringing Senators from Kogi and Benue State. It is obvious that they are not on ground in Anambra State. The electorate is waiting for them. There’s no problem,” he said.

On his part, Johnbosco argued that gone were the days when the performances of governors were measured by the regular payment of salaries or provision of social amenities.

On his part, the party’s national chairman, chief John Oyegun, had told Johnbosco, during his visit to the APC’s national secretariat that: “I thank you for coming to see me and let me use this opportunity to assure you and other aspirants that the leadership of the party will not favour any aspirant during the party primary. We are going to treat all the aspirants equally and provide level playing ground.”

On Tuesday when he picked his nomination form, the National Auditor of the party, Dr. George Moghalu, warned other aspirants that defected to the ruling party that they cannot occupy the house he toiled to build.
Speaking after presenting the bank draft of N5.5 million to pick the Expression of Interest and nomination forms at the party’s headquarters, Moghalu urged the defectors to wait for their time.

While commenting on his chances, he said: “You started by calling them defectors and that is exactly what they are. And it would be out of place for me to build a house for another to occupy. So, we welcome them, we agreed they should come but when you come, you join the queue. You can’t come to displace those who are there because this house, we laboured to build it.


“Despite the challenges, despite the criticisms, the names they called us, people never gave us a chance but today, the story is different and it will be most unfair even before God and man that we would build for another to occupy,” he quipped, just as he promised to conduct Local Government election within six months if given opportunity to occupy the Anambra Government House.


FIRE...

Powered by Blogger.